Whether you are a graphic designer or a photoshop expert, or just a regular user of the digital era, there always rises a need to convert an image file into a different format. All these formats require a specific tool to provide you with your required file format. This is where our Image converter comes to help.
Image converter has been designed to provide our users a convenient and efficient platform for converting their files from one format into a set of required formats. We support conversions of JPG, PNG, GIF, WEBP, and BMP files. This provides our users with a single tool for all these conversions.
Before we guide you about the usage of our tool, let us give you a brief idea of these file formats.
What is a JPG?
JPG is a frequently used image compression format for digital photographs. It is the most widely used image format in digital cameras, operating systems, and the Internet. In JPG photos, a compression ratio of 10:1 can be used without losing substantial detail. As a result, file sizes are reduced, making the sharing and storage of high-quality photographs easier. The level of compression in a JPG file can be changed. That is, image data can be preserved at a variety of compression levels, from minimum to maximal, depending on the user’s preferences. Photographs and realistic paintings benefit greatly from JPG pictures.
What is a PNG?
PNG Format stands for "Portable Network Graphics Format." On the internet, it is the most widely used uncompressed raster picture format. The Graphics Interchange Format was replaced by this lossless data compression format (GIF). The PNG file format is an open format that does not have any copyright restrictions. PNG images, like GIF images, can be displayed with transparent backgrounds. Furthermore, PNG files can contain 24bit RGB color palettes as well as grayscale images. PNG files were originally created to send images over the internet.
What is a GIF?
A GIF is an animated picture file type created by merging multiple images or frames into a single file. Graphics interchange format (GIF) is used to encode this single file (better known as GIF). Unlike the JPEG picture format (.jpg), GIFs commonly use the LZW encoding compression technology, which does not decrease image quality and allows for convenient file storage in bytes.
A single GIF file contains many images that are displayed in order to make an animated clip or a short movie. Animated GIFs by default only show the series of images once, stopping after the last image or frame is shown, though they can loop indefinitely or stop after a few sequences.
What is a BMP?
Bitmap Image File is represented by the BMP extension. The raster graphics data in a BMP file is independent of the display hardware. A BMP picture file can thus be seen without the use of a graphics processing unit. The majority of BMP images are uncompressed or encoded using a lossless compression approach. The files can hold both monochrome and color two-dimensional digital images. This format supports a variety of color depths, alpha channels, color profiles, and optional data compression. On the Windows platform, the BMP image format is widely used.
What is a WEBP?
A WEBP file is a raster image format developed by Google for web graphics called WebP (pronounced "Weppy"). The WebP format compresses files more efficiently than typical JPEG compression while preserving image quality that is comparable to or greater than that of JPEG. Similar to the PNG format, it enables both lossy and lossless compression and contains an alpha channel for transparency.
How to use Image converter tool?
Our website emphasizes on a better user interface. We strive to provide services with quality and convenience. You can easily launch our image converter tool directly from our home page under Image Editing Tools. You can get what you're looking for without having to rely on third party software and applications to make your image suitable as per your requirements. This guide is divided into sub parts. We will provide brief instructions and information on all sections. Follow up with the instructions provided to convert your images without any hassle.
1) Image File Insertion:
Image Converter tool provides two options for image file insertion. This gives our users the freedom to save their files wherever they want, whether on their personal computers or on any online platform with a URL linked to it. Multiple uploading options aid our users in utilizing our tool without going anywhere else for further conversions. First option is:
From Personal Computer:
In case you have saved your image file on your local computer, follow these steps to upload your file from your computer.
- Make sure you have chosen the right uploading option by going to the right most bottom corner of the dotted box. If it reads Use Remote URL, you are at the right place. Otherwise click on it, the option will change.
- Go to the Choose an image button and click on it.
- It will open your file explorer. Browse the location where your files are kept, and choose any JPG, PNG or any other image file that you want to convert. Click on Open to proceed.
- Your file will be shown in the preview box which will be explained briefly in next section.
There is another way of uploading your files that is more convenient and easier to understand. Follow the instructions below to utilize the drag and drop option:
- Go to the specified folder in which you have saved your file.
- Open the tool in your browser and click on the minimize button on your browser.
- Click on the file you want to upload and drag it all the way into the dotted box.
- Release the mouse click and you will have your image previewed in the preview box.
Using Remote URL:
Most of the times the file is saved online, or you have found some picture on a website with a smaller picture size and instead of downloading from there, you want to directly download the converted image. Follow these steps to do so.
- Make sure you have chosen the right file choosing option by going to the right most bottom corner of the dotted box. If it reads Upload from Device, you are at the right place. Otherwise click on it, the option will change.
- To type in the link, you can either type the whole link, or press [Ctrl + V] if you have copied the link before or simply click on paste button (Clipboard icon) at the right side of the box.
- Then click on the Add button alongside the box.
2) Image File Preview:
This is the feature that most editing tools lack as they only inform you if your file is uploaded or not with only the file name shown. Our Image enlarger tool displays the preview of the file the moment you upload the file. This preview helps you analyze your file and verify if the uploaded file is the one you wanted to upload.
3) Image File Conversion:
After you have selected the file through any of the medium provided above, the next step is to convert your file into the formats available. To convert and download your converted file, follow these steps:
- Go to the drop down menu under ‘Select new format’ label and choose the format you want to convert your file into.
- Go to the ‘Convert image’ button and click on it to convert your file in your chosen format.
- A preview of your file will pop up in-front of you. Click on the ‘Download’ button to download your picture.
Why should you use our tool?
Our image conversion tool provides an easy to use platform to convert your files into your required formats. Going from tools to tools to convert these files into the provided formats becomes a nuisance which needed to be addressed and our Image conversion tool is the ultimate answer for this problem with 5 types of different file conversions available to our users. Not only this, but our tool is absolutely free and does not demand creating an account. You can either select an image file from your device through file explorer or drag directly or you can even use remote URLs. You can enlarge your images according to your requirements and have a preview of the results. This makes our tool very user friendly.